Thursday, July 15, 2010

Gratitude.

My life can be so busy and hectic sometimes that I forget to just stop and be thankful. Thankful for the fact that I am healthy. Thankful that I have a sweet baby girl, wonderful and loving husband, and friends and family that are there for me anytime I need anything. Thankful for the fact that I am gainfully employed at a job that I actually enjoy and don't dread going to every day (hey, not everyone can say that!). Thankful that even though I have more going on in my life right now than I ever have, I am also happier than I have ever been.

For instance, does anyone know how freaking awesome my mother is?! Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without her. She seems to be the one constant in my life other than my husband that I know without fail that I can always count on for anything. My mom makes my life easier and more joyful. Seeing her with my daughter is one of the few things that can bring me out of a funk on a bad day. It makes me so grateful to know that there is someone on this earth that loves me and Ella as much as she does. She is such a nurturer. It is also my personal opinion that my mom makes the world a better place, but obviously I'm pretty biased (but I'm pretty sure her students and co-workers would agree with me!). Thanks mom, for everything that you do for me AND everyone else in your life.



Another thing that I am SO thankful for is the fact that my wonderful, silly, and insanely lovable friend Erin, is moving back to Phoenix in September! It will make my life so much easier to have a close friend actually close to where I live instead of in a different state. She is one of the most supportive and awesome friends a girl could ask for, and I think it'll make all the difference in the world to have her near. She loves Ella so much, and I know that she can't wait to be close so she can see my little Peanut as she rapidly grows and learns new things every day! Love you Bone Diddly!


It's easy sometimes to forget to be thankful. I know I take a lot of things in my life for granted. I'm sure a lot of people do. But from here on out, I intend to highlight all the things and people that I am SO grateful to have in my life on a pretty regular basis. Or as regular as you can get when you only blog every couple of months... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment